Appendix is a tiny organ attached to a small portion of large intestine called caecum and situated in the right side of lower abdomen. It is a vestigial organ with no known function.
Inflammation of the appendix or appendicitis usually results from infection, blockage in the opening of appendix where it attaches to caecum or an abdominal injury. Acute appendicitis presents with sudden onset of severe pain near belly button, which extends to the right side or to the lower abdomen and worsens with movement, coughing, sneezing and deep breaths. The intensity of this pain increases over time.
Appendicitis is a medical emergency that requires immediate attention due to the risk of life-threatening complications, such as bursting of appendix, pus collection in the appendix and gangrene. Homeopathy helps in the treatment of subacute (moderately acute) and chronic cases of appendicitis. Research studies show that homeopathy is also effective in cases of acute appendicitis and can prevent surgery. Homeopathy triggers body’s immune system, which consequently helps in reducing inflammation in appendix.
Dietary and lifestyle changes for appendicitis patient as per homeopathy
- Include regular moderate exercise in your daily routine.
- Eat healthy and nutritious food that is free from artificial flavouring or colouring agents.
- Maintain personal and environmental hygiene
- Take regular walks in fresh air.
In an acute attack of appendicitis:
- Permit the patient to eat or drink whatever he/she desires.
- Avoid restricting the patient’s choice of food or drinks even if you feel it may aggravate the disease condition, as this will clearly be overcome by homeopathic medicine.
- Clothing and temperature inside the room should be maintained according to the choice and comfort of patient.
- Avoid strong coffee, strong stimulating drinks, medicinal foods and herbs.
- Do not consume spoilt or stale vegetables and meat.
- Avoid overeating
- Do not consume excessive salt and sugar in the diet.